Sunday, October 11, 2009

Victory Vision: What’s The Heck Is That?


Touring bikes are not my passion and highly futuristic designs not my cup of tea. So, when I had several pictures of the new Victory Vision stare at me, I became speechless (translate by what am I going to write about this one). Victory Motorcycles presents the new Vision model as the most progressive American luxury-touring bike ever built. This high tech V-Twin cruiser is the result of more than 6 years of research and development and the Vision models will be available in September. Insiders of the industry know that (thanks to the baby boomers) the “Bagger” segment is the fastest growing. The most valued too, in terms of dollars spent. In addition to its very 21st century look that I let you appreciate or hate, the Vision has an impressive list of features. 50-degree Freedom V-Twin (size undisclosed). Exhaust mufflers nestled in slots under the shell saddlebags. Electric windshield and adjustable side wind deflectors. 6-gallon gas tank (minimum 200 miles range) with incorporated stereo controls. Satellite radio. GPS. MP3 support. Heated grips and seat. 65.6 wheelbase. 26.5” seat height. 29-degree rake. 5.4” of trail Front suspension looks to be the same 43mm fork from the Vegas line. Rear shock is said to have some measure of adjustability. 300mm rotors using three-piston calipers.
Antilock brakes (not confirmed). And of course a price well above 20 K for the 2 versions (Vision Street & Vision Tour with Top Case. Production is supposed to start in June and it’s only at this date that all definitive specifications will be released. My head is spinning. Is the Vision the future of American touring? Maybe. You will tell me what you think. At least I am going to know how many bagger riders read this Blog. But first, go to the special website Polaris/Victory created for its new touring bikes. Victory Vision Experience. It is worth looking at the pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment